Saskatchewan social studies. 8. [Student edition].
Saskatchewan Social Studies 8 has been custom published for Saskatchewan and has been developed by a team of Saskatchewan teachers. At the beginning of each unit, the "Essential Question" sets the focus for the unit. The book provides opportunities for inquiry learning and engages students with "What Do You Think," "Thinking Critically" and "Thinking It Through" activities. Links to the historical thinking concepts have also been embedded throughout to support the development of historical thinking skills. Timelines, charts and graphs, photos, primary sources, QR codes and maps provide a variety of ways for students to access content.
112 available of 157 items
- Canada -- Politics and government -- Study and teaching (Middle school)
- Social sciences -- Study and teaching (Middle school)
- Social sciences -- Textbooks.
Edition: Student edition.
Publisher, Date: Toronto, ON : Pearson Canada, 2015.
Description: 309 pages : colour illustrations, maps ; 29 cm
- Pearson Saskatchewan social studies. 8. [Student edition].
- Saskatchewan social studies. eight. [Student edition].
- Includes index.
- A core resource for grade 8 social studies in Saskatchewan, 2014.
- Developing a Canadian identity
- The importance of land to Canadians
- Our cultural identity
- Making Canada home
- The structure of Canadian democracy
- Involvement in the political process
- Canada's mixed market economy
- Toward responsible consumerism.