14 available of 20 items
- Brothers and sisters -- Fiction.
- Great Britain -- History -- George VI, 1936-1952 -- Fiction.
- People with disabilities -- Fiction.
- People with disabilities -- Juvenile fiction.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Evacuation of civilians -- Fiction.
Description: 316 pages ; 22 cmLink to PAC
By BklynKalliopiM on Mon, 13 Apr 2015 11:56:42
This is a beautiful novel about two young children growing up in London as WWII begins. As war threatens their safety (though the war being waged in their flat is equally terrifying), they wind up in rural England under the supervision of a grieving woman named Susan. This novel would work great for children, particularly girls, ages 9 and up. The twists near the end are leaving me hoping for a sequel.
★★★★★ Wow wow wow
By Westerville Library Staff on Fri, 25 Nov 2016 14:44:37
Wow wow wow. Beautiful, sad, and moving story that at times brought tears to my eyes. And this is wonderful on audiobook. - Erin, Adult Services
★★★★★ Loved it!
By Staff Favorite on Thu, 09 Jun 2016 16:40:53