Of mice and men
Streetwise George and his big, childlike friend Lennie are drifters, searching for work in the fields and valleys of California. They have nothing except the clothes on their back, and a hope that one day they'll find a place of their own and live the American dream. But dreams come at a price. Gentle giant Lennie doesn't know his own strength, and when they find work at a ranch he gets into trouble with the boss's daughter-in-law. Trouble so bad that even his protector George may not be able to save him.
268 available of 280 items
Series: Penguin classics.
- California -- Social conditions -- Fiction.
- Cowboys -- California -- Salinas River Valley -- Fiction.
- Cowboys -- Fiction.
- Developmentally disabled -- Fiction.
- Friendship -- Fiction.
- Male friendship -- Fiction.
- Men -- California -- Salinas River Valley -- Fiction.
- People with mental disabilities -- Fiction.
- Ranch life -- California -- Fiction.
- Salinas River Valley (Calif.) -- Fiction.
- 9780140186420 (paperback)
- 055327824X (pbk.)
- 0142000671 (pbk.)
Publisher, Date: New York : Penguin Books, 1993, c1937.
Description: 107 p. ; 18 cm.
- Originally published: [U.S.] : Covici, Friede, Inc., 1937.
- Publisher, pagination and printing dates may vary.
LCCN: sas00786515Link to PAC