You never know women
A thrilling romance that constructs a combustible love triangle between a Russian dancer, a handsome escape artist, and a wealthy broker. Vera Janova is on her way to star in a Russian vaudeville revue when a falling girder nearly kills her. A construction worker saves her life, but before she wakes up the conniving Eugene Foster takes Vera into his arms, pretending to be the one who rescued her.
1 available of 2 items
- Brendel, El, 1891-1964, actor.
- Brook, Clive, 1887-1974, actor.
- Famous Players-Lasky Corporation, production company.
- Glazer, Benjamin F. (Benjamin Floyer), 1887-1956, screenwriter.
- Kino Lorber, Inc.
- Lasky, Jesse L., 1880-1958, film producer.
- Paramount Pictures Corporation (1914-1927), film distributor.
- Sherman, Lowell, 1888-1934, actor.
- Vajda, Ernest, 1887-1954, screenwriter.
- Vidor, Florence, actor.
- Wellman, William A., 1896-1975, film director.
- Zukor, Adolph, 1873-1976, film producer.
- 1 videodisc (71 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (8 pages)
- digital optical stereo
- video file region A
Target Audience Note: CHVR: NR.
- From the story "The great Illusion" by Ernest Vajda.
- Originally produced in the United States as a motion picture in 1926.
- Special features: Audio commentary by William Wellman, Jr.; booklet essay by Gina Telaroli; music composed and performed by Donald Sosinches
- Director, William Wellman ; adaptation and screenplay, Benjamin Glazer photography, Victor Milner ; titles, Alfred W. Hustwick ; presenters, Adolph Zukor and Jesse Lasky ; associate producers, B.P. Schulberg and Hector Turnbull ; production company, Famous Players-Lasky ; distribution company, Paramount Pictures.
- Florence Vidor, Clive Brook, Lowell Sherman, El Brendel, Roy Stewart, Sidney Bracey.
- Blu-ray; requires Blu-ray player.
- Silent film with English intertitles and musical source.