Hondros explores the life and legacy of late war photojournalist Chris Hondros, who covered every major world event since the late 1990s, taking viewers behind the scenes to tell the untold stories of many of Hondros's most iconic photographs. The film follows director Greg Campbell, Hondros's childhood friend and fellow journalist on a global journey to visit the people and places made famous by Hondros's photos. What emerges is a detailed portrait of a deeply sensitive man whose innate humanity impacted the people he encountered in long-lasting and unexpected ways.The film also serves to illustrate the power and importance of photojournalism in a time of vast changes in how news --and images in particular --is produced and consumed, making the point that the work of skilled and courageous photojournalists is as important now as it's ever been.
2 available of 2 items
- 1 videodisc (96 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1, 2.0
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note: Canadian Home Video Rating: NR.
- Title from container.
- Chris Hondros.
- DVD ; widescreen presentation ; Dolby Digital 5.1, 2.0.
- For private home use only.
- In English.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
Publisher or Distributor Number: FDM--DV-412Link to PAC