A star is born
A movie star declining in popularity marries a shy young actress whose fame eventually grows to eclipse his. Tragic consequences follow.
0 available of 2 items
- Fame -- Fiction.
- Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) -- Fiction.
- Man-woman relationships -- Fiction.
- Motion picture actors and actresses -- United States -- Fiction.
- National Film Preservation Foundation Collection (Library of Congress)
- Women musicians -- Fiction.
- Arlen, Harold, 1905-1986, composer.
- Bickford, Charles, 1891-1967, actor.
- Carson, Jack, 1910-1963, actor.
- Cukor, George, 1899-1983, film director.
- Garland, Judy, actor.
- Gershwin, Ira, 1896-1983, lyricist.
- Hart, Moss, 1904-1961, screenwriter.
- Luft, Sid, film producer.
- Mason, James, 1909-1984, actor.
- Noonan, Tommy, 1921-1968, actor.
- Warner Bros. Pictures (1923-1967), presenter, publisher.
- Warner Home Video (Firm), film distributor.
Edition: Deluxe edition.
- 3 videodiscs (176 minutes) : sound, colour with black and white segments ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital stereo, Dolby Digital mono
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note:
- Canadian Home Video Rating: Not Rated.
- MPAA rating: PG.
- Title from container.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1954.
- Special features: A dazzling assemblage of rarities, many previously unreleased ; deleted scenes and alternate filmings of four musical numbers and one dramatic sequence over an hour of rare recording session music and a vintage radio show. Plus, Hollywood premiere telecast and Newsreel, 1954 Studio Exhibitor Reel and expanded post-premiere Coconut Grove party footage, trailers of all three A star is born versions and more.
- Director of photography, Sam Leavitt ; production designer, Gene Allen ; editor, Craig Holt ; music, Harold Arlen ; lyrics, Ira Gershwin ; dances created and staged by Richard Barstow.
- Judy Garland, James Mason, Jack Carson, Charles Bickford, Tom Noonan.
- DVD ; dual-layer format ; widescreen presentation ; Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital stereo, Dolby Digital mono.
- For private home use only.
- Audio tracks and subtitles in English, French, and Spanish.
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- AFI's 100 Years ... 100 Songs Award ("Evergreen")
- AFI's 100 Years ... 100 Songs Award ("The Man that Got Away")
- Disc 1. A star is born (DVD).
- Disc 2. A star is born (DVD).
- Disc 3. Bonus disc (DVD).