Island of the Blue Dolphins
Left alone on a beautiful but isolated island, a young Indian girl spends eighteen years, not only merely surviving through her enormous courage and self-reliance, but also finding a measure of happiness in her solitary life.
141 available of 145 items
- Indians of North America -- Juvenile fiction.
- San Nicolas Island (Calif.) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Survival -- Juvenile fiction.
Genre: Children's stories.
Other Authors: Lewin, Ted, illustrator.
- 9780606107242 (library bdg.) (Turtleback Books)
- 9780547328614 (pbk.) (HMH)
- 0440940001 (mass pbk.) (Laurel-leaf)
- 0440753120 (mass pbk.) (Yearling)
- 0440439884 (pbk.)
- 0435121081 (hc.) (Heinemann)
- 0395536804 (hc.) (HMH)
- 0395069629 (hc.) (HMH)
Description: 177 pages ; 24 cm
- Originally published: Boston : Houghton Mifflin, 1960.
- Publisher, pagination and printing dates may vary.
- Newbery Medal, 1961